Fashon trends for women over 40
Enjoyed your web article (http://addspacetoyourlife.com/advice08_04_06.html)
and am wondering how the “trendy” part that you mentioned in your article works for a woman close to 50. I adore some of the banana republic and j crew jacket styles, but the trendy baby doll and spaghetti strapped tops I would never wear. I have to get up the nerve to wear the proper jean style even though I have nothing to worry about figure wise. I am 5′ 8″, size 6, and medium to light brown color. I have light skin and hazel eyes. I just feel in a “traditional” time warp and am having trouble getting out. Although I think my daughter really does dress very stylish, I would like to try some upbeat things but not be accused of looking like my daughter. Any advice?
Thanks so much,
I am excited that you are ready to explore breaking out of your current comfort zone. It takes courage and enthusiasm to try on new fabrics and styles. Here are the steps that I would recommend for you:
Enlist the Help of a Friend or Professional
Find a friend whose style you admire to become your second opinion and guiding light
* Tip* This person does not have to be a woman, my personal stylist is a man!
If you want to find the perfect pieces quickly, hire an Image Consultant
* Image Consultants are trained to find the perfect clothing items for your body and coloring.
Purge and Take Inventory
* Go through your closet with your friend/consultant and get rid of the old, tired and outdated items
If in doubt, try it on. Be prepared to try on the majority of your clothes.
* Aspire to get rid of at least one third of your current collection.
As you purge, make a list of the classic elements that are missing from your wardrobe
* Order the addSpace Women’s 18 Essential Clothing Elementstm on our shop page to help track what you need.
Create a wardrobe that includes the classic Women’s 18 Essential Wardrobe Elements tm
* Many clients try to get hip by shopping in the junior section
Search and find the classic clothing items that fit you perfectly
* Try on and try on again until you find the perfect cut for your body
Get Trendy with Accessories
* Mimic the current trends with your accessories, not with your core classic clothing elements.
Whenever I come up with new tips or discover something out-of-this-world about organizing, Image or lifestyle that I feel you should see, my newsletter subscribers are the first to know.
So make sure you’re a subscriber – it’s FREE