I was invited to appear on CBS 10Connects News last year as part of my Florida book tour. Here are a few tips from the news segment:
Hoarding is muck taken to the extreme. This is what I, as a Professional Organizer, have seen over the past 6 years and what has led me to write my new book How to Master Your Muck.
In my book How to Master Your Muck, this is how I address muck situations.
Like everyone else. I went through a period in my life where I had a lot of muck. Everyone has some type of muck in their life, even the most organized.
What is muck?
Anything that makes you feel stuck, unproductive or overwhelmed. Also:
- Any old habits that no longer serve you
- An over booked schedule
- A closet that is too full to close the doors
- Uncompleted projects
To help move forward it always help to let go of some of your possessions. It add space and automatically brings clarity to your situation.
How to Master Your Muck Tips for What to Let Go:
- The item no longer serves a purpose in your current life
- There is not enough room or space to store it
- It requires more energy to keep than it gives
How to Master Your Muck Tips for What to Keep:
- It serves a purpose
- You have space to store it
- You enjoy looking at it and it makes you happy
Why Master the Muck in Your Life?
- It makes you feel good
- Provides a sense of accomplishment
- It allows you to live your purpose
- It will pave the way to more prosperity